Friday, September 4, 2009

Hopefully Nobody Saw Him

9 Crimes - Damien Rice

If you don't know Damien Rice, you should. End of story.

Cover - Engine Down

This is one of my favorite bands. My favorite album of theirs is called Demure. I feel it's also a good description of the mood their music gives. It's kind of like post-grunge rock music. I wish these guys were around long enough to put out more music. I feel like fans of Circa Survive should like these guys.

Life Is Looking Up - Forgive Durden

These guys are from the UW which is where I went to college. This album was a musical written by the last remaining member of the band. There's a collection of people who collaborated on this album, including members of the bands The Dear Hunter, Portugal! The Man, mewithoutYou, The Audition, Saves The Day, The Hush Sound, Panic! At The Disco, Gatsby's American Dream and The Matches. That was not a complete list.

Man Of Conviction - The Get Up Kids

I never really got into The Get Up Kids. This song is pretty good, I listen to it every now and again and can again understand why people listen to this band. I think I'll give them another chance.

Halelujah - John Cale

This is an incredible song, with I'm sure about 40 million covers. I've heard some really bad renditions of this song, but I come back to this live recording as one of my favorites. Yes, I will grant you that Jeff Buckley and Rufus Wainwright also did decent versions. I heard an Imogen Heap cover of this song, and boy was it awful, just awful.



This is just about the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I wish I had Russian channels so I could never know what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment